Jacob C. Holzer, MD
Clinical Staff Associate, Geriatric Psychiatry Outpatient Services
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, Part-Time
Following service in the U.S. Air Force, Jacob C. Holzer, MD, completed medical school and a medicine internship at Tufts University, psychiatry residency at Yale University, and fellowships in clinical neuroscience research at Yale and neuropsychiatry/behavioral neurology at Beth Israel Hospital/Harvard University. Since completing his training, he has provided direct clinical care in neuropsychiatry, psychopharmacology, and geriatric psychiatry, in addition to consultation in forensic psychiatry and legal medicine. He is board-certified in general and forensic psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, and received Massachusetts Department of Mental Health forensic division certification.
Dr. Holzer has consulted in public and private sectors with attorneys, courts, businesses, and government agencies. His professional and academic focus has involved several areas of forensic psychiatry and risk management, including consultation in forensic mental health aspects of defense and national security. He is co-editor of a textbook on forensic psychiatry with Oxford Press, and is now working on a new textbook with colleagues in forensic psychiatry and national security, also with Oxford Press.
Education & Training
- 1981, BA, Boston University
- 1986 MD, Tufts School of Medicine
- 1986-1987 Internship in Transitional Internal Medicine, Shattuck Hospital and Tufts New England Medical Center
- 1987-1990 Psychiatry Residency, Yale University
- 1990-1991 Fellowship in Psychopharmacology Research, Clinical Neuroscience Research Unit, Yale University
- 1991-1993 Fellowship in Neuropsychiatry/Behavioral Neurology, Beth Israel Hospital/Harvard University
- 1991 Medical License, Board of Registration in Medicine, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 1994 Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- 1999 Forensic Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology